Membership terms and conditions
Terms of Membership - Club Timmisa, [18-12-2019]
1. Air Greenland A/S ("Air Greenland"), Central Business Register (CVR) no. 56996710, B - 1842, Siaqqinneq 1, 3905 Nuussuaq, Greenland, operates Club Timmisa.
For inquiries regarding Club Timmisa, please contact Air Greenland Club Timmisa by email: ClubTimmisa@airgreenland.gl.
These Terms of Membership have been prepared in Danish, English and Greenlandic. In case of any discrepancy, the Danish language version will prevail.
2. Club Timmisa is a customer club that offers good deals and advantages. You can read more about the advantages at www.airgreenland.com/clubtimmisa or in the Club Timmisa app. Among the advantages is that you as a member of Club Timmisa automatically participate with one lot in our price draw for 3 travel vouchers (having a value of DKK 3,000 each), which may be used for online booking of flights on www.airgreenland.dk, www.airgreenland.gl and www.airgreenland.com. Read more about the prize draw in paragraphs 14-19. All personal offers and advantages are non-transferable.
3. You may join Club Timmisa in the Club Timmisa app, on www.airgreenland.com/clubtimmisa or by contacting Air Greenland’s customer service. When you sign up for Club Timmisa, you have to create a member profile, stating:
- your name
- your email address
- country and city
You may log in to your member profile using your email address and a password at your own option. When you are logged in, you can see your registered flights and change your contact details.
4. You may become member of Club Timmisa if you have reached the age of 18 and are not under guardianship. It is a condition that you consent to Air Greenland contacting you to promote its group companies and businesses partners. The consent must have the following wording:
I accept that Air Greenland A/S may contact me by email and on social media*, including by the use of notifications and user-defined target groups, in order to promote the Air Greenland group**, competitions, events and art as well as business partners***. Business partners may be added or replaced at any time. The partners for the time being can be seen in the Club Timmisa app and on www.airgreenland.com/clubtimmisa.
Air Greenland A/S may collect and process my data to tailor marketing content for me, including data which I include in my membership profile, about my travels, whether I travel alone or with others and my geographical data, including data from other companies in the Air Greenland group, and about my behaviour on Air Greenland’s website and in the Club Timmisa app. I accept that Air Greenland A/S may use these data to promote the Air Greenland group and Air Greenland A/S’ business partners, and that the data may be disclosed to other companies in the Air Greenland group for marketing purposes.
Air Greenland A/S may contact me to encourage me to update my consent in respect of sender, group companies, business partners, products, communication methods and data processing. It is described in the Terms of Membership how my data are processed, and I may withdraw my consent at any time by contacting Air Greenland A/S on e.g. ClubTimmisa@airgreenland.gl.
You may withdraw your consent at any time.
5. Air Greenland is entitled to change these Terms of Membership and, if applicable, to close Club Timmisa altogether at 1 month’s notice. However, the next prize draw for an Air Greenland travel voucher will still take place. In the event of material changes to these Terms of Membership, Air Greenland will let you know by email. You will be deemed to have accepted such changes if you log in to your member profile after having received the email. If you cannot accept the changes, you will have to terminate your membership of Club Timmisa.
6. You may terminate your membership of Club Timmisa at any time by contacting Air Greenland ClubTimmisa by email to: ClubTimmisa@airgreenland.gl. Termination of your membership of Club Timmisa will be regarded as a withdrawal of your consent.
7. Which data are collected? When you join Club Timmisa, we register the data specified in paragraph 3 and the other details from your member profile, including your address, family situation, interests and preferences, etc. When you purchase a flight, a travel experience or any other service from the Air Greenland group, we register information about your purchase, e.g. the nature of the travelling activity or service (such as flight, family travel, adventure travel, package tour type, booking class), the travelling purpose, any purchase of add-on services, whether you travel alone or with others, geographical data (such as place of departure and arrival and/or other destinations) and other characteristics about your purchase, e.g. price and travelling date.
When you use the Air Greenland group’s websites and the app, we register data about you and your behaviour, e.g. which travels, accommodation, offers and campaigns you see, your searches and filters, and where you are. We also register your IP address and data about your operating system, your mobile device and your browser. We register your use of any of the Club Timmisa advantages, and when we send you links to marketing content, we register if you click the link and, if so, which offers, news and campaigns you respond to.
8. What are the data used for? We use data to improve the Air Greenland group’s websites and the Club Timmisa app, to draw lots as described in paragraphs 14-19, and to generate your profile and place you in target group segments. This allows us to promote the Air Greenland group and Air Greenland’s business partners in e.g. emails which you have consented to receiving, on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube, in banner advertisements, on the Air Greenland group’s websites, in the Club Timmisa app, and on the Club Timmisa website. You have consented to our use of user-defined target groups on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube for the purpose of promoting the Air Greenland group and Air Greenland’s business partners. It means that we may process your data for the purpose of showing you marketing content in news and video feeds. We may also use your data to identify other persons who are likely to be interested in marketing content from the Air Greenland group.
9. Who gets access to your data? You have consented to our disclosure of your data to other companies in the Air Greenland group for the purpose of offering you tailored marketing content. We do not share your data with Air Greenland’s business partners. Third party suppliers working for us, including e.g. providers of customer support and IT services, may get access to your data, but may only use such data to provide the services requested by us. We use third party suppliers i.a. for technical operation of our systems, for improvement of Club Timmisa, and for distribution of electronic and tailored marketing content, including re-targeting. These third party service providers are data processors, acting on our instructions and processing data for which we are data controllers. The data processors may not use the data for any other purpose than performance of the agreement with us, and they are required to treat the data confidentially. We have entered into written agreements with all the data processors that process personal data on our behalf.
Some of these data processors, including The Rocket Science Group LLC, which operates the online marketing platform Mailchimp, and Google Analytics owned by Google LLC, are based in the USA. Appropriate safeguards for the transfer of data to the USA have been established by certification of the data processor under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield (see Article 45 of the General Data Protection Regulation). Where we use other non-EU/EEA-based data processors, the transfer of data will always take place subject to appropriate safeguards. A copy of The Rocket Science Group's certification is available here. A copy of Google LLC’s certification is available here.
10. Why are we allowed to use your data? We may use your data a) if you have consented to such use, b) if the processing takes place for the purpose of performing a contract with you, or c) if the processing is justified by a legitimate interest, for instance administration, services or marketing (see Article 6(1)(a), (b) and (f) of the General Data Protection Regulation and section 6(1)(1),(2) and (7) of the Greenlandic Data Protection Act.). By way of example, we may process your data for the purpose of sending you direct marketing content by email and on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube, because you have given your consent to such use. You have also consented to our processing of your data for the purpose of showing you marketing content in your news feed on Facebook and Instagram and in your video feed on YouTube. We may process your data for the purpose of offering you tailored marketing content based on our legitimate interest in making marketing more relevant to you. You have consented to our use of these data to promote the Air Greenland group and Air Greenland A/S’ business partners and to our disclosure of the data to other companies in the Air Greenland group in order to offer tailored marketing content. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
11. If you want to withdraw your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting Air Greenland Club Timmisa by sending an email to: ClubTimmisa@airgreenland.gl.
12. How long time do we keep data? We process your data as long as is necessary for the purposes described in these Terms of Membership and for documentation of our processing. However, online behavioural data will typically be deleted after a period ranging from 14 days up to 1 year, depending on cookie type and purpose. If you withdraw your consent, we will stop processing your data for the purpose of sending you direct marketing content by email or through notifications and private messages on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. However, we may still use your data to offer you tailored marketing content, e.g. in banner advertisements and on the Air Greenland groups’ websites, and to generate user-defined target groups on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube in order to promote the Air Greenland group to you if we believe that the processing is justified by our legitimate interests (see Article 6(1)(f) of the General Data Protection Regulation and section 13(2) of the Danish Data Protection Act (but see subsection 4) and section 6(1)(7) and section 6(2) cf. (3) of the Greenlandic Data Protection Act), unless you object to the processing of your data for such purpose (see section 21(4) of the General Data Protection Regulation and sections 35 and 36 of the Greenlandic Data Protection Act). If you object, we will immediately discontinue our processing and delete all data that are no longer needed, because they are used only for marketing purposes. However, data that are necessary to prove that you had consented to receiving our marketing content by email under section 10(1) of the Danish Marketing Practices Act and section 6(1) of the Greenlandic Marketing Practices Act - will be deleted only after 2 years from the date when we last used the consent. We have taken measures to ensure an appropriate and high degree of protection of your data and rights.
13. What are your rights? You have a right of access to the data that we process, and you may have the data rectified or deleted or have our use of them restricted. If your objection to our processing is justified, we must discontinue the processing of your data. In that case, you have a right to receive the data provided to use in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to have the data transmitted to a third party. You may complain of our processing of data to Air Greenland A/S, B - 1842, Siaqqinneq 1, 3905 Nuussuaq, Greenland, or to the Danish Data Protection Agency, Borgergade 28, 5, 1300 Copenhagen K, email@example.com, tel. no. +4533193200.
Prize draw for a travel voucher to Air Greenland
14. Every third month, Air Greenland runs a prize draw in Club Timmisa for 3 x travel vouchers (having a value of DKK 3,000 each), which may be used for online booking of flights on www.airgreenland.dk, www.airgreenland.gl and www.airgreenland.com. The travel voucher cannot be exchanged for cash and is valid for 1 year from the date when it is sent to the recipient.
The prize draw will take place on the last Friday in February, May, August and November, first time on 31 May 2019.
15. As member of Club Timmisa
- you will automatically receive one lot for each prize draw
- you will earn one extra lot for the forthcoming draw
- when you register and complete a flight. If your flight consists of several flights having the same e-ticket number, e.g. because it is a return flight or involves stopovers, it will be regarded as one flight, and you will therefore earn one lot with effect from the time when the whole flight has been both registered and completed. Accordingly, you will not earn any lot if you do not appear before departure, or if you only complete the outward or homeward flight that have the same e-ticket number.
Air Greenland is entitled to award further lots to members of Club Timmisa, for instance as a reward for signing up or booking flights within a certain period or in connection with campaigns, celebration of special days, or for other reasons.
Employees of Air Greenland who are members of Club Timmisa may participate in the prize draw on the same terms as other members. However, they will not earn lots for ID tickets, GMT tickets, business flights or holiday flights paid by the Air Greenland group.
16. The winner will be chosen by random draw among the lots received and earned, if any, by members of Club Timmisa since the last prize draw up to and including the date before the draw. A lot can only be included in one draw, i.e. all lots become invalid once the prize draw has taken place. Lots that are received automatically due to membership will be assigned the day before the draw.
It means that
- lots earned from 4th of March 2019 up to and including 30th of May 2019 will be included in the draw on 31st of May 2019,
- lots earned from 31st of May 2019 up to and including 29th of August 2019 will be included in the draw on 30th of August 2019,
- lots earned from 30th of August 2019 up to and including 28th of November 2019 will be included in the draw on 29th of November 2019,
17. On your member profile you can see your registered and completed flights and your number of lots for the forthcoming draw. If your flight was not automatically registered when you booked it, you may register it yourself from your member profile. You may register a flight for a period of up to 12 months after it was completed, and it is your own responsibility to ensure that your flights are properly registered. When registering a flight, it is a condition that the name and email address used for booking purposes are the same as the name and email address registered in Club Timmisa. Travels booked and completed after the launch of Club Timmisa on March 4th, 2019 can be registered. It means that only travels that are booked, registered and completed after March 4th, 2019 earn a lot if the conditions for this are met.
You may opt out of the prize draw in your member profile or by contacting Air Greenland’s customer service.
18. Air Greenland will announce the winners by their first and last names on one or more of Air Greenland’s social media channels (i.e. Facebook, Instagram and YouTube). Air Greenland is entitled to use the winners' names for any purpose, including for promotional and marketing purposes, at its own discretion and without payment of separate compensation.
19. If your lot is drawn, you will be contacted directly by Air Greenland by email no later than 10 working days after the date of the draw. When you have replied, you will receive an electronic travel voucher by email. The travel voucher can be used to purchase online flights on www.airgreenland.dk, www.airgreenland.gl and www.airgreenland.com. To redeem the voucher, you must enter the voucher code in the field promotion code before you make the purchase. If you use the voucher for online purchase, and the total price is lower than the voucher value of DKK 3,000, the balance will be lost.
If Air Greenland is unable to contact you because the stated email address is wrong, or if you do not reply within 20 working days, then Air Greenland is entitled to run a new draw.
20. Apple is not involved with the contest in any way
Previously winners of the draw
- Ole Frederiksen (31-05-2019)
- Nivi Mondejar (31-05-2019)
- Susanne Nielsen (31-05-2019)
- Vivi Vold (30-08-2019)
- Chanell Olsen (30-08-2019)
- Peter Kristoffersen (30-08-2019)
Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
**Air Greenland Group
Air Greenland A/S, Greenland-Travel A/S, World of Greenland A/S and Hotel Arctic A/S.
Valizo ApS (baggage service), Booking.com (travels, accommodation, car-rental and airport taxi) , Mittarfeqarfiit (Greenlands Airports), Visit Greenland (tourist information), Guide to Greenland ApS (tourist tours and guided services), Paju-bag (baggage service), Katuaq (cinema, events and cafe), Sermermiut (events and cafe), Taseralik (events and cafe), Akisuanerit (music festival), Arctic Circle Race (sport event), Sports Confederation of Greenland (sport events), Arctic Sounds (music festival and events), Avannaata Qimussersua (national championship in dog-sledding), The National Theatre of Greenland (theatre and cafe) and Sisoraffiit (skiing center, skiing and snowboarding rental and cafe), Pisiffik A/S -webshop, supermarket, clothing and home appliances, Nordic Choice Hotels -hotel and conference services and Park Inn by Radisson -hotel and conference services.