Find your trip to Aappilattoq (Upernavik)
About Aappilattoq (Upernavik)
Aappilattoq is a settlement that is affiliated to Upernavik in the north-western region of Greenland. The sea at Aappilattoq is free of ice almost all year round, even during the winter months. This means that there are no seasonal problems for the large number of inhabitants occupied in hunting and fishing.
- Aappilattoq was established in 1805 and became a trading post in 1850
- The settlement has a population of approx. 180
- ‘Paviap atuarfia’ is the school's name
- Paviap atuarfik is also an activity centre for all local inhabitants and has a swimming pool
- Aappilattoq has several shops, a church and a fish factory
- Fly from Kangerlussuaq to Ilulissat and go on to Upernavik with plane.
- Take the helicopter connection from Upernavik to Aappilattoq.
- By foot or by sea with locals.
Dogsleds are a frequent means of transportation during winter and spring.