Find your trip to Ikerasak
Did you know?
- Ikerasak has a nursing station. Patients with more serious conditions are flown/sailed to the hospital in Uummannaq
- There are no roads in the settlement. The only forms of transportation are boats, snowmobiles and dogsleds
- The church with 150 seats was founded in 1936
- Ikerasak means 'healthy' in Greenlandic
- The population is approx. 200
- The danish actor Flemming Jensen was a school teacher here from 1973 to 1975
- Fly from Kangerlussuaq to Ilulissat, then you fly from Ilulissat to Qaarsut.
From Qaarsut you take the helicopter to Uummannaq and then to Ikerasak.
- By foot or by sea with locals. Dogsleds are a frequent means of transportation during winter and spring