Find your trip to Tasiusaq (Upernavik)
About Tasiusaq (Upernavik)
The northernmost of the two settlements, which is called Tasiusaq, is found 71 kilometres north of Upernavik in the Municipality of Qaasuitsup. Here there's a Pilersuisoq grocery store and even a kiosk, fish factory and a church.
Hunting and fishing are the primary occupations in the settlement, and the catch is received for processing at the local fish factory. In the service building there's a hall adjoined by a kitchen, in addition to which you can wash your clothes and take a shower.
Experiences in Tasiusaq (Upernavik)
- There's a fish factory in the settlement
- Located in the Upernavik Archipelago
- Located 71 kilometres north of Upernavik
- Approx. 250 inhabitants
- Fly from Kangerlussuaq to Ilulissat and go on to Upernavik with plane. Take the helicopter connection from Upernavik to Tasiusaq.
- By foot or by sea with locals. Dogsleds are a frequent means of transportation during winter and spring.